ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (7/15) > >>

Lintalist:
PDF XChange Viewer for opening many PDFs (tabs!) and Sumatra in conjunction with Lister (the viewer in the shareware filemanager Total Commander).

mwb1100:
I used to use Sumatra for its browser integration, but have since relied on the Firefox jsPDF capability for that.

For stand-alone reading I use STDU for it's tabbed interface and lack of crapware loaded in it's installer.  I also get the sense that it's less likely to be vulnerable to an exploit, but I'm basing that mainly on the fact that it's not Adobe and that I'm pretty sure it doesn't support scripting (which i think is sometimes the vector for malware in PDFs).

If Sumatra supported a tabbed interface, I'd probably use that just by virtue of it being open source. Last time I looked, the Sumatra dev wasn't interested in adding tabbed viewing.

Lintalist:
@mwb1100: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, Sumatra v3.0 has tabs - "The biggest change in this version is addition of tabs, contributed by Stefan Stefanov." http://blog.kowalczyk.info/article/b/SumatraPDF-30-released.html :-)

mwb1100:
@mwb1100: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, Sumatra v3.0 has tabs - "The biggest change in this version is addition of tabs, contributed by Stefan Stefanov." http://blog.kowalczyk.info/article/b/SumatraPDF-30-released.html :-)
-Lintalist (August 24, 2015, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once again my world-class laziness is exposed on the Internet for all to see.  I swear that as I was typing the message I thought, "I should check if Sumatra has tabs now", but then I thought: "eh, someone will let me know..."

Unfortunately for me, now I have some work to do seeing if I like Sumatra 3.x.

Thanks for the update!

Deozaan:
Lately I've been using Foxit Reader.

Be sure to go into View -> UI Options -> Change Toolbar Mode... and change it from Ribbon style to Classic style.

That's the only way I've found to get the menu items to stop yelling at you. (e.g. FILE becomes File)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version