ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (5/15) > >>

Ath:
Also, by default, installed FoxIt free on Windows 10. Hardly even tried the built-in PDF viewer, but that's still doable :tellme:

wraith808:
Isn't 9 EoL, or do you still get security updates for it?
-Stoic Joker (April 10, 2015, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure. I've got 9.5.5 now. Haven't paid for any new versions. And I rarely download PDF files. I *always* check the source.
-Renegade (April 10, 2015, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a strong aversion to Adobe- mostly because I have to develop for it, and doing that let's you know what kind of arsehats they are.

xtabber:
Note: For those users that would still like to use the licensed "PRO" version of PDF-XChange Viewer, the Serial keys for PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-Tools and PDF-XChange Pro are compatible for directly unlocking the "Pro" features of the Viewer.-Tracker Software Products
--- End quote ---

^...hehe; "you're welcome to use this $25 program, if you pay us $44 or more"   ;)  http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

-Curt (August 14, 2015, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually a good deal because it allows you to use the viewer in pro mode in addition to the editor, tools or pro versions if you have a license for any of the latter.  Among other things, the viewer comes in a portable version, which the others do not.

tomos:
Isn't 9 EoL, or do you still get security updates for it?
-Stoic Joker (April 10, 2015, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure. I've got 9.5.5 now. Haven't paid for any new versions. And I rarely download PDF files. I *always* check the source.
-Renegade (April 10, 2015, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a strong aversion to Adobe- mostly because I have to develop for it, and doing that let's you know what kind of arsehats they are.
-wraith808 (August 14, 2015, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

being a customer helps that way too lol
Saying that, I'm still using the Adobe Reader - also in spite of the invasive bloat. It is getting harder and harder to find how to close some of that 'helpful' stuff, mind you if you root around you'll find various shortcut keys to show a leaner UI.

I'll have to try some of the others again. In the past PDFXchange Viewer had very poor keyboard support - any program that make me use a mouse for actions that I repeatedly do wont last long here, unless there's no alternative. Adobe Reader is still the best in that sense AFAIK.

app103:
When needing to insert or delete pages, or change their order, or combine multiple PDFs or images into one PDF file, I use the software that came with my Cannon printer/scanner.

But just for viewing PDFs, I use Foxit, except for a few bus & train schedule PDF files, for which I grab the latest version via a bookmark and view in Chrome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version