ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (3/15) > >>

Renegade:
I use Acrobat 9 Pro, and it's very fast. Small files open instantly, and opening larger ones only takes a few seconds. (3 seconds with a 150 MB file I just checked.) However, it's rather expensive. It does include all the bells & whistles, but most are rarely needed, similar to how few of MS Office features are ever needed.

Just throwing that out there as nobody had mentioned it, and it is very fast.

TaoPhoenix:

My machine is currently set on STDV - Scientific and Technical Documentation Viewer.

http://www.stdutility.com/

I ended up with it because it's also supposed to handle some of the ebook formats. (Though I tend not to see many of those - and weird formats annoy me!)

I don't think it's all that fast, and it def doesn't have many editing features if any at all.

I'm pretty sure the main reason I'm using it is because it does handle a few ebooks if those ever become some day's topic of the day.

Stoic Joker:
I use Acrobat 9 Pro, and it's very fast. Small files open instantly, and opening larger ones only takes a few seconds. (3 seconds with a 150 MB file I just checked.) However, it's rather expensive. It does include all the bells & whistles, but most are rarely needed, similar to how few of MS Office features are ever needed.

Just throwing that out there as nobody had mentioned it, and it is very fast.
-Renegade (April 10, 2015, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't 9 EoL, or do you still get security updates for it?

Renegade:
Isn't 9 EoL, or do you still get security updates for it?
-Stoic Joker (April 10, 2015, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure. I've got 9.5.5 now. Haven't paid for any new versions. And I rarely download PDF files. I *always* check the source.

MerleOne:
SumatraPDF, it also reads Comics under .cbz format and others. Very fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version