ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Vurbal:
I didn't realize there was a free version of their editor. I have their free reader on my computer as a second reader, although I haven't used anything but Sumatra for some time now. I'm sure there were a couple things I preferred PDF-XChange for, I just don't remember what they were ATM.

Maybe I should be replacing it with the free editor.

dr_andus:
Apparently the Editor is a bit slower than the viewer - I had been wondering about that - but not enough to be really aggravating.
-Stoic Joker (April 09, 2015, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't noticed much degradation in speed from Viewer to Editor (I have PRO), or it's not bothering me enough to notice it. I think the Editor's extra features (and the way it integrates with Dopus) make up for any slowness (such as the ability to collapse various toolbars and panes or the macros one can set up for saving file names when converting them to image files etc.).

Curt:
I'm doing even better than you Curt - using the portable version from 2011-tomos (April 09, 2015, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

-hehe, tomos. Now why risk anything, when the old one already is doing a good job?

-------------------------

Almost every day I will click "Print", and as I don't have a printer, this is "Print to pdf file". And because the print job was an article from the Internet, there is very often too much gibberish on the bottom part of the last page. Quite often so much that I want to be able to click "Delete page", when the viewer is on the last page.

However, Tracker's new FREE editor does not offer to delete pages from a pdf file:

-but such a feature is the very reason I am using the PRO version of the old viewer:

So, why I want to update? Maybe only because it now is more than 3 years old?  :-[
So far I am sticking to the old PRO viewer!

IainB:
I'm still using PDF-XChange Viewer (latest $FREE version) after this: PDF-XChange Viewer ($FREE version) - Mini-Review.
The OCR is pretty good.

Nod5:
I use and swear by the Sumatra PDF viewer. Very fast. Minimal GUI.  

Curt, can you list what editing features you need? Deleting a page in a pdf can be done over command line with the free tool pdftk so autohotkey could probably be used to make a hotkey for that action.

If you don't use the editing features all the time (apart from the delete last page action) then one alternative is to use Sumatra or some such fast, minimal tool for basic viewing and keep an editor installed for use only when you need to edit. This old thread has some scripts for quick toggling a file from viewer to editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version