ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR as bookmark manager?

(1/3) > >>

gezley:
Perhaps using FARR as a bookmark manager is ridiculously easy to do, but I'm having a hard time visualizing how to do it. What I want to do is something like this: type "bsd" (without quotation marks) to filter the search and restrict it to an alias containing multiple local and web BSD links; then type "netbsd" to restrict search further, filtering out FreeBSD and OpenBSD URLs and files, for example; then type "web" to restrict the search to NetBSD-related web and ftp URLs, for example, thus filtering out links to **local** files on computer (NetBSD help files in PDF format, for example); and so on.

I just can't get my head around this, but I'm sure FARR itself can be used as a bookmark manager, without needing a plugin to consult browser bookmarks. I would prefer to keep bookmarks in FARR rather than the browser. The advantage of course is that with FARR you have a single set of bookmarks you can use for a number of browsers - Sleipnir, Pale Moon, etc.

Can this be done, or am I wasting my time? I feel as though I need to chain several "restartsearch" keywords together, but I'm more than likely wrong. I'd appreciate someone throwing a bit of light on this as I'm going around in circles here trying to conceptualize what I want FARR to do and how to do it.

phitsc:
You say you don't want to consult browser bookmarks. But the bookmarks need to come from somewhere. They need to be stored somewhere. I'm not aware of FARR being able to store arbitrary information. It mainly queries the file system. A plugin would be perfectly able to do what you want though.

justice:
I was looking at the possibilities of writing a plugin but I'm not familiar enough with Visual Studio to update the Csharp SDK to supported VS versions. :(

gezley:
You say you don't want to consult browser bookmarks. But the bookmarks need to come from somewhere. They need to be stored somewhere. I'm not aware of FARR being able to store arbitrary information. It mainly queries the file system.-phitsc (April 09, 2015, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see. Thank you.

Saving them as aliases would be impracticable I suppose (copy link to FARR box | context menu | add to group alias)?

phitsc:
You say you don't want to consult browser bookmarks. But the bookmarks need to come from somewhere. They need to be stored somewhere. I'm not aware of FARR being able to store arbitrary information. It mainly queries the file system.-phitsc (April 09, 2015, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see. Thank you.

Saving them as aliases would be impracticable I suppose (copy link to FARR box | context menu | add to group alias)?
-gezley (April 09, 2015, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I guess that depends on how often you want to add/edit/remove bookmarks. If it's only a few which you want to launch over and over again that could be a viable solution. Also managing them in a FARR alias file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version