ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Keepass Password Safe mini-review

<< < (8/11) > >>

reko100:
The one in "Options" where the default is Ctrl+Alt+A.....

Josh:
Well, I am unable to confirm this in maxthon. It works fine for me. Perhaps you have something else using that hotkey?

hamradio:
For everyone's info if they do not know about it or did not read the help file on it...It is possible to launch local programs that is in the URL textbox of each entry with command line parameters by using cmd://.

This is the example from the KeePass Password Safe help file.

Example: cmd://C:\WinNT\Notepad.exe C:\Test\MyTestFile.txt

:)

clif_notes:
Hi Josh,

I found your review in the DC Newsletter. Would you mind the review and screencasts being featured in my newsletter? I get about 3000 unique hits a week there.

http://freewarewiki.com/ClifsCurrentNewsletter

I always give credit and a link-back, and I'll mention DC as well.

I have previous reviews from another friend of mine at this url, but I like your screencasts and you did a fine job.
http://freewarewiki.com/KeePass

Have fun!

Clif

rjbull:
I use keepass in conjunction with roboform, updating the other when I add a login to one. That way, I will always have two sources for stored passwords for redundancy.-Josh (July 03, 2006, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Rather than just backing up the KeePass files?

CTRL+V to auto-type.

--- End quote ---

I've had occasional glitches where KeePass wouldn't AutoType, but I think it's usually just been a Windows wobbly.  Exiting one or both programs, then reloading, or in extremis rebooting, has usually cured the problem.  But, I've had the odd occasion where Ctrl-V didn't work but Alt-E, T  - i.e. the same thing but done by menu - did work.  I wondered, does Alt-E, T paste at a slower speed, and would that be why it worked better than Ctrl-V?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version