ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Keepass Password Safe mini-review

<< < (7/11) > >>

reko100:
I have not benn able to get the Auto type function to run in Maxthon....anyone faced this problem??? :huh:

Josh:
I can do one, however, I feel that roboform is in an entirely different category compared to KeePass. Roboform is DESIGNED for filling forms, saving passwords is an ADDED feature. After I complete my cast of roboform, I will do one comparing keepass and roboform, as well as a mini-review to go with it.

KeePass can be used as a form filler, but only for login/passwords unless you want to get heavy into the Auto-type coding. Even with such heavy coding, I dont think you will get much use in trying to fill forms with it.

I use keepass in conjunction with roboform, updating the other when I add a login to one. That way, I will always have two sources for stored passwords for redundancy. Plus, KeePass has a far more versatile password generator that is also more random (not really needed, but for the very paranoid, its handy).

Also, to reko, First, load the page you want in maxthon via the "Go to url" function in keepass, then bring the keepass window back up, and hit CTRL+V to auto-type. Also, ensure that you have the text Auto-Type: before any auto-type commands in your notes section

reko100:
yes, the "CTRL+V to auto-type" function works fine....but the global hotkey doesn't work....
thanks for the quick reply... :Thmbsup:

jdmarch:
thanks for the reply, josh. Interesting idea keeping 2 independent sources for stored passwords. Belt and suspenders...

Josh:
yes, the "CTRL+V to auto-type" function works fine....but the global hotkey doesn't work....
thanks for the quick reply... :Thmbsup:
-reko100 (July 03, 2006, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which global hotkey? Perhaps this is a setting I am missing. Let me know and I will see if I run into the same issue here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version