ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Html and CSS School

HTML editor for beginners

<< < (4/4)

tomos:
I have to admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by trying to choose some software that I think might be good for me - without actually really understanding what I need most. (Because I'm a beginner...)

I think part of my problem is [1] that I need a good reference book (FWIW, I'm looking at HTML5 Foundations (Treehouse Books (Wiley)); CSS3 Foundations (Treehouse Books (Wiley)); Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Web Graphics)

and
[2] I need a way of saving the things I'm learning about particular tags/styles/methods - I dont know whether any editor would be up to that (ideally including tagging of clips/notes for easy finding again), or if I should default to my IM (InfoQube - which, after inquiring, I'm pretty sure is up to it)

MilesAhead:
http://www.dfm2html.com/

Not what you asked for.  It is more of a design tool using objects.  But I thought of it when you mentioned German Language.  I think German is the native language of the developers.

From the write-up it seems like the most sophisticated open source tool I've seen for Web.  I haven't installed it yet.  I have been focused on getting Visual Studio installed properly.  But this tool looks pretty cool.

tomos:
One of the things that confuses me is special characters - some software show quite a range, some show very few, some (e.g. Sublime Text, PsPad,) dont seem to cater to special characters at all (or am I missing something there?).
-tomos (April 18, 2015, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

am I even using the correct term here: 'special characters' ?
I know that e.g. quote marks need to be replaced; en dash; etc, etc (I forget what else atm but can check that out)
-
still wondering how e.g. Sublime Text caters to 'special characters' (which makes me think I'm using the wrong term - a search didnt help there).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version