ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a very flexible timer

<< < (6/9) > >>

Edvard:
OK, I finally worked out all the showstopper bugs I could find, and here's the first iteration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8d4uigijj1uqlf/afltimer_win32.zip?dl=0

I call it AFL Timer (A Flexible Logging Timer) and it doesn't quite have the final polish, but I wanted to let you and others test it and report bugs, refine features, etc.  If anybody wants to play with the source, I can send that along too.  Enjoy!

tomos:
thanks Edvard :-*
will have a go at that this evening

TaoPhoenix:
OK, I finally worked out all the showstopper bugs I could find, and here's the first iteration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8d4uigijj1uqlf/afltimer_win32.zip?dl=0

I call it AFL Timer (A Flexible Logging Timer) and it doesn't quite have the final polish, but I wanted to let you and others test it and report bugs, refine features, etc.  If anybody wants to play with the source, I can send that along too.  Enjoy!
-Edvard (May 02, 2015, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm.

I either I don't understand the interface or some stuff I would want as a main purpose is missing.

The key comparison is the Stopwatch part of my iPhone app, which mimics regular "sports" stopwatches. So you start a task with a big "Go" button, and then you can either hit "Stop" or "Lap". (Or both, in some sequential order.)

(Whether or not you have stopped the running timer), Lap (but it could be Phase or something) captures fragmentary chunks of time, which *may or may not have been edited, see below!*, which then add up to the total time.

Go and Stop seem simple enough to me.

So then what I see Edvard has already done that a "stopwatch" can't do, is fix "annoyances" with the logged time. So you can do all the add/delete chunks of the time measured by the Laps (or just the total time), and then you're left with a nice "clean" record of time spent on the project.

Is some or all of that stopwatch effect in there, and I am just having trouble with the interface GUI?

tomos:
Very well done Edvard :Thmbsup:

I've only managed a quick look so for:

+ Stop / Start  works well.
When I make a second task:
+ the task that is active remains highlighted, no matter which task has focus -- I think that's good (but see below)
+ when I double-click [The Time] it (1) gets copied to clipboard & (2) stops/starts (as appropriate) - that is very nice :up:
+ are you using Corbel for the timer? If not, it's something similar - makes very good legibility :up
=>
- The font size (for time) is too big here, and is cropped at the bottom (my monitor resolution is 90ppi - probably below average these days)

Changing tasks seems to be problematic:
- I get confused about which task has focus:
I currently have two tasks: when one is selected, the timer is still related to the other ( I listed this as a +ve above :-/ ) =>
- even when I stop the timer on the active task, I cant find how to change to the other task.

I wonder if we need a stop/start button here?

Will have a longer test tomorrow

tomos:
Forgot to say -
the new task is problematic:
you have to click 'Reset' otherwise the task will start with the total of the previous task (when I click in the time 'zone').

Looking for a very flexible timer

(in TEST001  I clicked 'Reset')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version