ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'create Restore Point' question

<< < (9/13) > >>

app103:
BTW, I wonder how long these daily pop-up 'buy AVG ads' will continue to appear.
It's no biggie, but they seem a little persistent. :) (see attachment in previous post)
-bit (August 09, 2015, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just consider them your daily notification that AVG is running. It's when you don't get a pop-up in the free version that you should worry.  ;)

bit:
BTW, I wonder how long these daily pop-up 'buy AVG ads' will continue to appear.
It's no biggie, but they seem a little persistent. :) (see attachment in previous post)
-bit (August 09, 2015, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just consider them your daily notification that AVG is running. It's when you don't get a pop-up in the free version that you should worry.  ;)
-app103 (August 11, 2015, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
tnx.^^

tomos:
it's the price you pay for freeware I guess

bit:
My pc has been crashier than ever today. >.<

MilesAhead:
@bit If you have or can back up your system I would try the PC with all the av disabled/uninstalled.  See if the crashes disappear.  If they go away completely at least you will know what you are up against.

So far I haven't found a "real time shield" type of protection that didn't make my machine act flaky.  But I have not done exhaustive research as I think they are inherently performance robbing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version