ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'create Restore Point' question

<< < (6/13) > >>

bit:
^app103, I am now running AVG free, and already seem to be proving out your xlnt advice with fewer and milder crashes. Many tnx! (:

app103:
^app103, I am now running AVG free, and already seem to be proving out your xlnt advice with fewer and milder crashes. Many tnx! (:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-bit (July 31, 2015, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just passing on some of the best AV advice I ever received for an older PC.  ;)

Here is an additional piece of advice: Stick to the free version and do not buy the paid version.

The paid version will likely come with a bunch of extra features that will defeat the whole purpose of switching to a lighter anti-virus. If you don't have the extra features, you won't be tempted to turn them on.

Ath:
Hm, don't share the simpathy for AVG, had to drop it in favor of Avast free, to get my i7 860 out of 'snail'-mode. Everything was dead-slow since AVG free was installed. Not anymore :D

Ath:
Oh, and I forgot to mention the unexpected crashes when AVG was installed :-[ These are, as expected, also gone :up:

bit:
^ Tnx app103 & Ath. (:
I reinstalled Malwarebytes and followed your advice on the settings.
AVG free is working out great, and I'll also save $40/yr on Norton's renewal fees.
I'm getting a lot fewer crashes and BSODs now.

BTW, (: is the same thing as :), a 'smilie'...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version