ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'create Restore Point' question

<< < (4/13) > >>

f0dder:
^f0dder - My case is a 'no frills' aluminum LianLi which I like value very highly, so if or when I can ever do a full PSU+Mobo+CPU+Ram+GPU upgrade, I may try to save the case.-bit (April 06, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah doh, missed that it was the case you were worried about, silly me :-[ - that should keep working, ATX standard and all.

If I get a chance, I'll pick up an SSD HD as an easy speed boost.-bit (April 06, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
It does tend to help a lot. After a certain level of cpu, ram and gpu upgrades, SSD is the biggest performance upgrade you'll get for a while. I don't personally care a lot about OS boot speed, but everything disk-related just gets more responsive with an SSD. Just remember to have solid backups - when the consume drives die, they still tend to brick entirely.

Vurbal:
Also, if you're going to upgrade, at least seriously consider a new PSU. Even the best power supplies degrade and fail. IME a poor (or poorly functioning) PSU is the surest way to kill almost anything in your computer.

bit:
^f0dder - My case is a 'no frills' aluminum LianLi which I like value very highly, so if or when I can ever do a full PSU+Mobo+CPU+Ram+GPU upgrade, I may try to save the case.-bit (April 06, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah doh, missed that it was the case you were worried about, silly me :-[ - that should keep working, ATX standard and all.

If I get a chance, I'll pick up an SSD HD as an easy speed boost.-bit (April 06, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
It does tend to help a lot. After a certain level of cpu, ram and gpu upgrades, SSD is the biggest performance upgrade you'll get for a while. I don't personally care a lot about OS boot speed, but everything disk-related just gets more responsive with an SSD. Just remember to have solid backups - when the consume drives die, they still tend to brick entirely.
-f0dder (April 06, 2015, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that is my highest priority; above all else, save the case. :D

bit:
The Flash player crashes seem to come and go in waves, mostly when playing online vids.
Sometimes it merely crashes Flash player but not the browser, sometimes it locks up the entire browser.
Or sometimes it just suddenly goes into a BSOD.
Sometimes everything is fine, I get off the net, click on 'shut down', and it suddenly gives a BSOD in the middle of shut down.
I always reboot, and run 'Create restore point', to prevent failure of reboot from future BSODs.
Rarely, almost never, does it crash when playing a non-Browser vid that is already on the HD or DVD.
All my online activity goes through a tunneled & encrypted proxie.

Curt:
Almost all of the free Adobe products were updated recently. Do you have auto-update enabled? If not, Adobe will be pesky, by having their products work badly, when they need to be updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version