ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'create Restore Point' question

<< < (12/13) > >>

bit:
Go here and make sure it can and is using the HTML5 player, instead of using the default flash based player: https://www.youtube.com/html5
-app103 (August 29, 2015, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've revisited https://www.youtube.com/html5 several times in the same browsers, and it looks like it is reverting to 'default player' each time I visit, even though I reselect it each time.
I'm not sure it is staying with the preferred HTML5 setting.

edit: Maybe it's resetting to 'default' because I use a proxie and don't log in to youtube.
My PaleMoon also uses the Self-Destructing Cookies add-on, preventing permanent yt settings.
But my other browsers don't kill cookies (they're very benevolent).  :-*

bit:
MY pc crashed with a BSOD tonight during an action scene while playing a movie on a DVD with VLC media player.
Sounds like some of you guys really think I should pull my CPU cooling fan & fins and give them a fresh cleaning & silvering, so I'm thinking about it.
I've been feeling kind of like the flu lately; it's not, it's just fatigue, but I'm not at my most focused, so I may not get to it right away.
I seem to remember a yt vid suggesting the use of coffee filters for a lint-free cleaning rag substitute.
Or I could use a bunch of q-tips.
I could also use naptha (lighter fluid) instead of 70% rubbing alcohol.

Ath:
Sounds like some of you guys really think I should pull my CPU cooling fan & fins and give them a fresh cleaning & silvering, so I'm thinking about it.-bit (August 30, 2015, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup, and, like shades said, be sure to apply the silvering paste very thin, as it is only needed to flatten out any air-pits and minor irregularities in the contact surface between the cpu and the cooler.
In the most optimum case the surface-contact should really be metal on metal, as the paste can work as heat-insulation when applied too thick!

app103:
My PaleMoon also uses the Self-Destructing Cookies add-on, preventing permanent yt settings.
-bit (August 29, 2015, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would explain why it keeps reverting to default of flash. The setting is stored in a cookie, per browser, rather than in your account to work across all browsers.

bit:
My free AVG antivirus just gave me this Desktop pop-up window.
It looks like I am being cut off even from the so-called 'free' AVG antivirus protection.
Is AVG still protecting me, or what should I do?
I still have some days left on my paid Norton I can reinstall.
Or is there any other free antivirus I should switch to?
If I'm not protected, I need someone to confirm it asap. Tnx!
'create Restore Point' question

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version