ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

You can now run Android apps on a Mac or PC with Google Chrome

<< < (2/2)

dr_andus:
From developer point : it is good news. Write once and run in both Android Phone and Windows machine.
-anandcoral (April 04, 2015, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

From a Chromebook user's point of view maybe not so good news. Developers might be even less likely to develop Chrome OS versions of their apps, prefering to port their Android apps instead. However, the ported Android apps I've tried so far were disappointing. For instance, I can't even maximise their app windows on my 14" screen (they only use about 2/3 of the screen), can't zoom in etc. Functionality is generally rather limited.

Innuendo:
I forgot to mention in my original post that running Android apps on your PC is nothing new...and you don't even need to be running Chrome to do it.

BlueStacks and AndY have allowed one to do that for quite some time & they are free. There's even an article over on HowToGeek that mentions a couple other ways to do it as well.

rxantos:
Interesting.
As for Google being evil, our hands are tied. We have to follow our client, and they use MS and Android.

I never got chance to develop for Mac or IOS, though I can not say Apple is nor evil. Even Facebook is turning evil, but we developers can not ignore them.
-anandcoral (April 04, 2015, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The way I can describe Apple experience is, Imagine FaceBook, Google and M$ evil parts condensed into perfection.

mouser:
 ;D

zenlike:
This is very interesting for people like me that want to use apps like Garage Band. But, don't own a Mac and don't like using it on Iphone or Ipads and would prefer to use it on pc.

This can only be good from a consumer standpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version