ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Notice on every shutdown? Norton WSC Integration may be culprit

<< < (2/2)

Innuendo:
Those who don't have it to spare have to spend time.-MilesAhead (March 31, 2015, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed...but sometimes there's also the challenge just to see if you can fix it. :)

MilesAhead:
Those who don't have it to spare have to spend time.-MilesAhead (March 31, 2015, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed...but sometimes there's also the challenge just to see if you can fix it. :)
-Innuendo (March 31, 2015, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah.  :)  In this particular case it was just an annoyance.  I mean it's not all that unusual to get that screen on Windows shutdown.  But it was happening almost every time.  Now and then a bit of luck helps.  I stumbled on the cause.  :)

Innuendo:
Of course there is the conventional wisdom that if you're silly enough to install Norton on your computer you must be a glutton for punishment.  ;D

MilesAhead:
Of course there is the conventional wisdom that if you're silly enough to install Norton on your computer you must be a glutton for punishment.  ;D
-Innuendo (April 02, 2015, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately when you Best Buy a tower/keyboard/mouse box it is part of the crapware bloat.  I think the last thing Norton I liked was The Peter Norton Assembly Language Book for the IBM PC

Back then there was no diskette in the book or download site to get the source code.  You had to type the stuff in and assemble it.  Thirteen files which, when assembled and linked, created a little diskette byte editor utility.  Not only that, when you walked home from school five miles with no shoes in the blizzard...   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version