ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Pastebin command-line app for windows

<< < (3/4) > >>

Edvard:
Looking at the pastebin Api it says that the dev key is required to make the posts.
--- End quote ---

Yes, that is true; what I'm saying is it's nothing more than a Developer tracking thing.  I can hard-code my dev key in there and it won't have any effect on you or other users, and somebody knowing my dev key won't compromise my account; the only reason it is required is to notify Pastebin that something I wrote is hitting their API.  If you prefer to use your own, I can put that in there, just saying it's not something you have to provide.

For User keys, it might make things simpler to continue with Curl for now.  I do have Userkey generation code in the engine, so it wouldn't be much trouble (I think) to put that in later; for now it would be a distraction from the main goal.

Heck while you are at it, maybe add the ability to list the pasts also and return the output xml? Not needed for the initial release and you don't really need to add it as I do this with curl also but I thought I would throw it in also. smiley
--- End quote ---

Yes, I'd rather save that one for later also, as I don't have code for it at the moment, but it can be done.  I'm thinking eventually having the utility do "modes", like Pasting mode, Userkey generation mode, Paste fetch mode, etc. with each 'mode' having it's own options, and each mode triggered by a 'super-option' passed as the first argument.

c.gingerich:
I would like to use my dev key if that's ok. Ok about the user key, not a problem.

Edvard:
OK, I can make it an option, or I can hard-code it in.  PM me with your dev key if you'd rather have it hard-coded.
Also, I'm often on the IRC channel; pop in if you'd like to discuss in real-time.  :Thmbsup:

c.gingerich:
If there are other people who would like to use this as well might be best to make it an option so others can use their own key. Maybe if the user does not supply a key then use one that is hard coded?

Edvard:
Good idea.  Coding now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version