ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Solved: Why won't my laptop run Firefox?

<< < (9/9)

MilesAhead:
I'm no attorney but if you can get a copy of a W7 iso from a friend and burn it to CD, since there is a mechanism to install it on a 30 day trial basis I don't think they can do anything about it.  I have my copy with license if I get a desktop machine.  Choice is pretty much limited to W7 Pro if you want to go the officially supported route.  Although I don't think the flavor matters to hardware driver coders.

Curt:
Last August I lost my PC and was forced to take this old laptop into use. To my surprise it won't run Firefox, but only Internet Explorer! (...)-Curt (February 25, 2015, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Today I am running all browser marques!
Q:
So, what was wrong?
A:
My NET Framework was broken!

Ehm... Internet browsers don't ask for NET Framework, in order to work? No, not as far as I know, they don't. Nevertheless, this is all I did to cure my laptop: I was looking in Revo Uninstaller Pro, and somehow managed to be aware that NET Framework was not listed. I knew that it was installed, so why wasn't it listed? I downloaded the newest version (4.5.2) and the installer asked if I wanted to remove or repair my Framework? - so obviously it was installed, as I thought it was - and therefore I clicked Repair: and VoilĂ ! All sorts of Internet browsers are now running on my laptop!

:tellme:

ewemoa:
Congratulations on your working environment :)

mouser:
Glad to hear you got it worked out -- maybe this will help someone else down the line  :up:

MilesAhead:
That is a weird one.  Nice fix.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version