ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Downloading from DonationCoder always gives me problems

(1/3) > >>

zzynx:
Hi,
Every time I have to download something from DonationCoder I have to retry five, if not ten times until I get the file I want.
This is not a one time thing. I detect the problem really every time.
Today FARR (and also Screenshot Captor) came and told me there was an update.
So I went to the download page and tried to download FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe. I tried ten times without success.
Every time the download process is interrupted.
I use the latetst FireFox and "Download Manager S3" plugin.
So then you think that is the problem. But
1) I don't have this problem with any other site I download from
2) I tried to download the file with Chrome (without any plug in): same problem. After some time it stops the download (I see the download speed decrementing) and gives "unknown network error".
At last the download speed comes down to 0 (cf. screenshot: Screenshot)

I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem.
I experience this problem already several - I think - years but after some trying, the download always succeeded at last.
Today is different. So I decided to post about it.

Also, could someone give me a ZippyShare/DropBox/... link to the latest FARR and ScreenshotCapture downloads?
[Update] No longer needed since at last I managed to download successfully.
In the "Download Manager (S3)" plug in, I choose several times to "Resume" and at last the file is downloaded.
Very strange. Why only with DonationCoder?

mouser:
Well that's troubling to hear.. Yesterday there was a huge amount of traffic on the website due to the fundraiser, so my inclination would be to say that the download problems were caused by that..
But if it's a problem you encounter every time, then that can't be the explanation.
May I ask where you are located geographically and who your internet provider is?
Do you experience the forum having trouble loading for you as well, or is it only just downloads?

Anyone else experience such bad download experience?

tomos:
Does the in-app updater (dcupdater) work?
(right-click tray icon of dc app >check for updates - then update within that app)

mouser:
Tomos, I'll remind you that the dc apps don't have a built in updater -- just a built-in update CHECKER.
So I'm afraid that's not an option.

You might be thinking of using the optional dcupdater standalone tool -- but i'm trying to phase that out, just because it's more trouble than it's worth i think..

tomos:
Tomos, I'll remind you that the dc apps don't have a built in updater -- just a built-in update CHECKER.
So I'm afraid that's not an option.

You might be thinking of using the optional dcupdater standalone tool -- but i'm trying to phase that out, just because it's more trouble than it's worth i think..
-mouser (March 24, 2015, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

ah sorry about that
(if dcupdater is installed, it works as I described)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version