ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

IRLDD DC Meetup April 2015: Upcoming Trip to Singapore and Malaysia

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
IRLDD DC Meetup April 2015: Upcoming Trip to Singapore and Malaysia

In case folks don't know, that is me on the right and lanux128 on the left.  I had a great time visiting, and he and his family were unbelievably gracious hosts.  I didn't want to leave.

Mouser, shall I tell the story of the mugs, or would you like to do the honours?   :P

mouser:
omg i love it.  that is awesome :-*  :up: :up:
you guys look like best friends already.

:-[ you tell the story, i can't bear to.

skwire:
you tell the story, i can't bear to.-mouser (May 04, 2015, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you look closely at the photo, you might notice that they're actually normal mugs with the logo part taped on them.  Mouser had the actual mugs made up and sent to me.  Unfortunately, the U.S. state abbreviation of AZ does not equal Arkansas.   ;D  That is, Mouser had my address all correct except for the state abbreviation.  Now, to be fair, UPS did notice that the address was not valid and tried to locate the correct address.  However, we're not sure what the hell they were thinking as they sent the mugs to South Carolina instead of just going off the zip code (which was correct).  So, we did the next best thing.  Mouser sent me the logo we chose for the mugs, I printed out two copies, took them with me to Kuala Lumpur, and lanux128 and I taped them around some other mugs he had (one of which was an actual DC mug he already received).   :P  Makes for a good story, eh?

TaoPhoenix:

It's just neat for me to hear the prosaic opener of "I was going to Singapore for work and that's close enough for me to fly to Malaysia".

I spent the last 30 years of my life in the NH/MA/NYC triangle.   *

(    * The footnote - one year the cabin fever unnerved me enough that I took a whim trip out to Michigan just to see stuff west of NY for once! But then I came back.)

So it's grand that your life details allowed you to do that.

mouser:
I'm always amazed by people who take photos where they look natural smiling.. When I try to smile for a photo it ends up looking like this:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version