ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MxNitro Browser

<< < (3/3)

MerleOne:
I'll say one thing for it.  They seem to have some marketing panache. Instead of the usual wizard the update installer(more like an unpacker since it was portable) had a big green arrow and looked cool.  What was uncool was that it just stuck the folder in my user settings without asking.  But at least it looked good doing it.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 01, 2015, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree, the default installation folder that can't be changed is annoying, that's why I use the portable version.

MilesAhead:
I'll say one thing for it.  They seem to have some marketing panache. Instead of the usual wizard the update installer(more like an unpacker since it was portable) had a big green arrow and looked cool.  What was uncool was that it just stuck the folder in my user settings without asking.  But at least it looked good doing it.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 01, 2015, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree, the default installation folder that can't be changed is annoying, that's why I use the portable version.
-MerleOne (April 01, 2015, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am using the portable version.  It told me there was an update.  I downloaded and ran it.  It put the thing in my settings folder.  I just deleted the old portable and moved the folder over.  So far the main thing that irks, that I sent in feedback about, is there's no Bookmarks Toolbar.  I have to go through a bunch of clicks to use a bookmark.  If they could fix that it might be usable.

Edit: The other bad news is it does not support multiple urls on the command line.  I can't even overcojme the Bookmark Bar deficit by using BrowserBunch to launch a bunch.  :(

MerleOne:

I am using the portable version.  It told me there was an update.  I downloaded and ran it.  It put the thing in my settings folder.  I just deleted the old portable and moved the folder over.  So far the main thing that irks, that I sent in feedback about, is there's no Bookmarks Toolbar.  I have to go through a bunch of clicks to use a bookmark.  If they could fix that it might be usable.

Edit: The other bad news is it does not support multiple urls on the command line.  I can't even overcojme the Bookmark Bar deficit by using BrowserBunch to launch a bunch.  :(

-MilesAhead (April 01, 2015, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually I just use a few bookmarks and I type the rest in the address bar, the history does the rest...  But maybe I am really visiting just a few websites a day.

MilesAhead:
Actually I just use a few bookmarks and I type the rest in the address bar, the history does the rest...  But maybe I am really visiting just a few websites a day.
-MerleOne (April 01, 2015, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

As alternative I tried using Chromium.  For some reason I can't get a recent release to work with Flash.  I hate to give in and use chrome.  Seems there's never a happy medium.  :)

Edit: Downloaded the PortableApps chrome.  It has the flash already set up.  I'll still try MxNitro for streaming.  I'll give it a chance.

Edit2:  I have to admit that chrome is fast.  If I leave all that predictive page load stuff enabled, pages snap right up.  Of course it likely makes the prediction by sending all my activity to google servers.  :)  But what can you do?

Firefox 37.0 is out.  It seems ok, but nowhere near as snappy as chrome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version