ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Robert A. Heinlein - atmospheric processor question

<< < (2/6) > >>

bit:
Bacteria, algae to produce oxygen on Mars?
More speculation than fact, but still interesting.

Renegade:
I read a SciFi novel maybe 6 months ago.  I don't recall the author or title, but it was all about diverting comets to Mars to get the water from the ice. 
-MilesAhead (March 20, 2015, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

The physicists at the Thunderbolt Project have illustrated that comets have no ice. Just a fun fact. It's interesting how they explain things.

MilesAhead:
I read a SciFi novel maybe 6 months ago.  I don't recall the author or title, but it was all about diverting comets to Mars to get the water from the ice.  
--- End quote ---

The physicists at the Thunderbolt Project have illustrated that comets have no ice. Just a fun fact. It's interesting how they explain things.
-Renegade (May 20, 2015, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here is the SciFi Novel in question:  Mining the Oort by Frederik Pohl

Speaking of Mars I heard an old radio interview with some dude about the "face with the helmut" on Mars.  I forget the dude's name.  I think he has one book published.  Anyway according to this dude NASA has known all along intelligent extraterrestrials exist.  If this should be true I have to wonder if the "rock with the cellular life fossils" was NASA checking the public's reaction to the possibility of other life in the Solar System.

With the luck mankind has if there is life on Mars they are probably big cockroaches.  :)

Vurbal:
The ^lichen method would actually be a very good approach, although current GMO abuses with Franken-foods have given the subject of genetic engineering a bad rap.
-bit (March 20, 2015, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, GMOs... ask the Thrints what happened to their food animals, the frumious Bandersnatch, that their genetic engineers, the tnuctipun, created for them...  ;D
-x16wda (March 20, 2015, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Frumious Bandersnatch broke up in 1969. Most of them went on to play with Steve Miller. Ross Valory and George Tickner also became founding members of Journey in 1973.   :D

Renegade:
I read a SciFi novel maybe 6 months ago.  I don't recall the author or title, but it was all about diverting comets to Mars to get the water from the ice. 
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (May 20, 2015, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here is the SciFi Novel in question:  Mining the Oort by Frederik Pohl

Speaking of Mars I heard an old radio interview with some dude about the "face with the helmut" on Mars.  I forget the dude's name.  I think he has one book published.  Anyway according to this dude NASA has known all along intelligent extraterrestrials exist.  If this should be true I have to wonder if the "rock with the cellular life fossils" was NASA checking the public's reaction to the possibility of other life in the Solar System.

With the luck mankind has if there is life on Mars they are probably big cockroaches.  :)
-MilesAhead (May 20, 2015, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are some really wild conspiracy theories out there about that stuff. Check out Youtube and search for "face on Mars". You'll get people with fully flushed out theories about ancient civilisations on Mars and all kinds of stuff. It's very entertaining.

One fellow thinks that people from Mars did some kind of wonky experiment that destroyed the planet, so they came here. I think this episode of his series is the one with that in it, but it might be a different episode (the one before?):

If you have a few minutes to burn, or just want some good entertainment, it's a lot of fun.

I really do love all that stuff. It's quite fun. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version