ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OnLive.com has shut down.......

<< < (2/2)

Innuendo:
This is why I only recommend GOG.com. The game is downloaded direct to your PC, no DRM, it's your forever, and you can log into your account to download the installer any time you wish if you happen to misplace it.

They don't have the Mafia series, though....sorry. :(

app103:
Were you on regularly?  I would just be surprised if you paid for content and there wasn't a migration plan put in before 4/30.
-wraith808 (August 16, 2015, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just because you make the effort to notify everyone and offer a migration plan, doesn't mean that people will pay attention to their e-mail, see it, respond to it appropriately, and in a timely manner.

I work for a company that attempted to migrate their customers from one old platform to a newer, better one, that sent out multiple notices to all of their customers, with a link to click to migrate their old purchases over to their new platform.

Years later, and I am still dealing with having customers emailing us to complain that their old download links don't work any more, having to look up their old purchases in an old system we no longer use (except to look up old purchases of those who never migrated), creating vouchers to import them to our premium service where customers can just login whenever they want and download them again & again, without having to pay again or worry about losing old e-mail receipts with the download links...

And having to toss files related to discontinued products in Dropbox for them to download, because they waited so long that the old outdated books are no longer available in our voucher system.

eleman:
Honestly I'd understand and not be offended if you used an expletive.

KynloStephen66515:
Were you on regularly?  I would just be surprised if you paid for content and there wasn't a migration plan put in before 4/30.
-wraith808 (August 16, 2015, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just because you make the effort to notify everyone and offer a migration plan, doesn't mean that people will pay attention to their e-mail, see it, respond to it appropriately, and in a timely manner.-app103 (August 16, 2015, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would have been nice if they even did that, but they made no attempt to care.  Those who purchased the onive hardware after April this year got refunded, but that's it!  People who had the premium service for CloudLift at least managed to keep save game files - I just lost everything I ever purchased there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version