ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 10 will be free for "genuine and non-genuine" users

<< < (2/4) > >>

app103:
So, in order to get a free upgrade to Win10, you have to be willing NOT to do a clean install?

MilesAhead:
To add to the confusion.. talk about ISOs being available after all:

http://www.softpedia.com/blog/Microsoft-to-Offer-Free-Windows-10-Upgrade-ISOs-for-Windows-7-and-8-1-476120.shtml

Deozaan:
I think once you upgraded and got a license key, you could then find an ISO online somewhere and install fresh, using your spiffy new license key. But I could be wrong about that.

MilesAhead:
I think once you upgraded and got a license key, you could then find an ISO online somewhere and install fresh, using your spiffy new license key. But I could be wrong about that.
-Deozaan (March 20, 2015, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

On tenfoums.com when the second preview build was provided via update only some people put together tools to extract the iso image from the update.  I guess MS realized they weren't going to keep them under wraps that way.  On the next preview release they also provided the ISO files a bit later.  I managed to use the tools to extract the image but I could barely keep my VM functional.  I had to disable a bunch of services and defrag multiple times to get there.  I'm glad MS decided to save me all that aggravation in the next build release.  :)

Deozaan:
I wasn't able to update my Win 10 preview using Windows update. It tried, but said there was an error and that my previous version had been restored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version