ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 10 will be free for "genuine and non-genuine" users

<< < (4/4)

Deozaan:
If your Windows 7/8 install is considered invalid, you get nags and your wallpaper turns black. It doesn't say that exact thing will happen on Windows 10 but it doesn't say it won't.

But I know people running non-legit copies that don't have warning screens or wallpapers blanking out. The OS gives no indication that I know of that the copy isn't legitimate. Does that mean they'll upgrade to a legit Win 10?

Shades:
You forgot to mention that after the grace period of not being able to verify the status of your OS (at this point your background goes black) you enter in another (much shorter) grace period. When you run out of that one, your computer reboots after 2 hours.

It is my guess that something similar will happen with Windows 10. Maybe they will use a different interval, depending on the device that is running Windows 10.

Arizona Hot:

Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess  ZDNet

Innuendo:
With my membership to Dreamspark Premium I have no shortage of license keys I'll be able to use to upgrade to Windows 10. I also took advantage of the "Windows 8 upgrade for $14.99" launch offer multiple times.

Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't so fortunate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version