ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

mp3 sharing?

<< < (2/3) > >>

bit:
There's xrecode II for that. That said, you can't convert lossy to lossless.
-Tuxman (March 24, 2015, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you very much, it's working great.  :Thmbsup:
In Windows 7 for pc, is there any software that can apply automatic volume control leveling to bring up soft parts and tone down loud ones?
I need to be able to process the sound on individual .wav files.
If possible, also to enhance vocal frequencies.

4wd:
In Windows 7 for pc, is there any software that can apply automatic volume control leveling to bring up soft parts and tone down loud ones?-bit (April 02, 2015, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try turning on Normalize in xrecode.

If possible, also to enhance vocal frequencies.
--- End quote ---

For that you'll probably have to play around in an audio editor, eg. Audacity

For normal talking vocals, probably frequencies from 400-4000 Hz need a little playing around with, (IIRC, from my old telecommunications days).

bit:
 :Thmbsup: Thank you, Audacity is really outstanding.
It can do Normalize, and also has a nice add-on called EZ-Patch.

f0dder:
I would have to say that if you have anything worth sharing with other people, or even saving for yourself, you should save it in FLAC format. It's easy to do, it's better quality than MP3, it takes less disk space than the original .wav.

bit:
I would have to say that if you have anything worth sharing with other people, or even saving for yourself, you should save it in FLAC format. It's easy to do, it's better quality than MP3, it takes less disk space than the original .wav.
-f0dder (April 06, 2015, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
My main concern is if FLAC has the same broad support base and applicability as .wav.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version