ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Linux Mint LMDE "Betsy" Mate and Cinnamon are out!

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
^^ I'm hearing W10 runs well on old PCs.  Let's see if it holds true for the RTM.

Deozaan:
Did i beat 40hz to post about this?  ;)-dantheman (March 18, 2015, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is an RC (Release Candidate) release. Not the official, final, stable release. I'm not sure 40hz would normally post about betas or RCs. :)

But thanks for posting. Cool news!

dantheman:
It's interesting to note that Makulu's dev has recently taken the Ubuntu Unity direction why Linux Mint seems to be planning the opposite. With Ubuntu's ongoing expansion efforts you wonder what Clem has in mind for the long term?

@MilesAhead, didn't know Windows 10 could be installed on old PCs too.
If so, then that would be a first for sure!

MilesAhead:
@MilesAhead, didn't know Windows 10 could be installed on old PCs too.
If so, then that would be a first for sure!
-dantheman (March 19, 2015, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

The story I've been hearing is one build works on all from phones to desktop.  But I saw one mention of specific releases for various platforms.  They may be rethinking the one robe fits all strategy.  But the posters running the 9926 build tell me it runs  on their 10 year old machines.  I've only installed it on a VM on my laptop.  All I can tell so far is W7 x64 VM seems faster to me.  But it may feel a lot different when installed on the metal.

dantheman:
Speed enhancement seems to be the big promise with Windows 10 as per this article, but the free upgrade would appear to go back to Windows 7 only:
"Pour la première fois, Windows 10 sera pendant un an offert comme une mise à jour gratuite pour les utilisateurs des deux versions antérieures, Windows 7 et Windows 8.1."
http://fr.canoe.ca/techno/materiel/archives/2015/03/20150318-111849.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version