ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make Windows 8 login/lockscreen transparent?

<< < (4/4)

MilesAhead:
I know you can boot to desktop, but yes, I do want to keep the login. I also tend to lock my computer quite a bit.
-jshare (March 17, 2015, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't realize Windows made such a big secret of the image file locations until I looked into it due to this thread.  Learn something new every day.  :)

4wd:
I know you can boot to desktop, but yes, I do want to keep the login. I also tend to lock my computer quite a bit.-jshare (March 17, 2015, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It only affects that first sign in screen, (one would hope that you'd be hanging around the minute or so waiting for the computer to boot), any time after when you lock the computer or log out it'll drop back to the lock screen (with whatever wallpaper you've chosen), from there you'll only get the solid colour when you enter your password to unlock/log in again, a matter of a few seconds.

That's the way it's working here in W8.1Pro.

jshare:
I know you can boot to desktop, but yes, I do want to keep the login. I also tend to lock my computer quite a bit.-jshare (March 17, 2015, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It only affects that first sign in screen, (one would hope that you'd be hanging around the minute or so waiting for the computer to boot), any time after when you lock the computer or log out it'll drop back to the lock screen (with whatever wallpaper you've chosen), from there you'll only get the solid colour when you enter your password to unlock/log in again, a matter of a few seconds.

That's the way it's working here in W8.1Pro.
-4wd (March 17, 2015, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm only looking for a solution for the login screen. I must have disabled the lockscreen (although I don't remember doing it) because it never appears and that's fine, I have no problem with the login appearing after locking, but it would be nice to pretty up that login :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version