ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make Windows 8 login/lockscreen transparent?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Is it just me or am I the only person in the world that sees absolutely no use for a lock screen?

Ath:
Well, I do use the lockscreen, but it would baffle me if it was transparent, it's mostly used to keep my screen content invisible from prying eyes while I'm away from my desk :-[ (and because our security policy demands me to use it :o)

MilesAhead:
See if these help

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/40669-lock-screen-default-background-image-change-windows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2678-start-screen-change-background-color-image.html

-MilesAhead (March 16, 2015, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Now I know there are actually 2 lockscreens, and that what I'm looking for is how to put an image on the sign-in or login screen. Surfing around eightforums, it only ever mentions how to change the color of the login screen, no one seems to have figured out how to get an image there.
-jshare (March 16, 2015, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

If anyone would know it would be in the Customization SubForum

jshare:
Is it just me or am I the only person in the world that sees absolutely no use for a lock screen?
-Carol Haynes (March 16, 2015, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're the only one using your computer and no one ever walks past it, then yes, I agree with you :)

Well, I do use the lockscreen, but it would baffle me if it was transparent, it's mostly used to keep my screen content invisible from prying eyes while I'm away from my desk :-[ (and because our security policy demands me to use it :o)
-Ath (March 16, 2015, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I really mean is that the login screen would display my desktop wallpaper in the background instead of a solid color i.e. it wouldn't display the open apps. It would be a transparent effect although not really transparent.

(Kind of like how there are scientists working on an invisibility cloak that is actually a screen displaying what's on the other side of whoever/whatever is trying to be invisible)

If anyone would know it would be in the Customization SubForum
-MilesAhead (March 16, 2015, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Stoic Joker:
-Carol Haynes (March 16, 2015, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm a bit baffled by it as well. Locking an active session does for security not require a decorative image of its own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version