ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Create Shortcut Icons for Keyboard Shortcuts

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Thanks MilesAhead! I will test this and let you know if this works.
-Nzyme (March 15, 2015, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since I have Windows 8 I did the shutdown for my machine with custom icon.

It produces the dialog shown

MilesAhead:
Lovely! Works just how I need it.  :up: I have also compiled it to get a executable file. Now figuring out a way to change the icon from the default letter "H"  :-\
-Nzyme (March 15, 2015, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/21189-compile-ahk-ii-for-those-who-compile/

After installing right click the script in Explorer and click Compile With Options.  You can set version info as well as set a custom icon.  I usually check the box "store settings in script" to avoid getting an .ini file with settings for each script.

Nzyme:
If the icon is a shortcut icon, then right click -> properties has the option to change the icon. However, a standalone executable does not. Is there another simpler way to change the icon?

MilesAhead:
If the icon is a shortcut icon, then right click -> properties has the option to change the icon. However, a standalone executable does not. Is there another simpler way to change the icon?
-Nzyme (March 15, 2015, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

No you need to recompile using that ahkII.  Once it is installed right click on a file with ,ahk extension(your script source) and click Compile with Options. A tab there has a check box and browse button to include the icon as the program's icon as a resource in the exe.

Nzyme:
I could not see the menu option "Compile with options" after right clicking the ahk script file. However, I managed to go to the program folder and run ahk2exe and select it there. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help on this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version