ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Remove Embedded Watermarks in Videos

(1/3) > >>

Nzyme:
Hi, can someone suggest some windows programs that can either remove, blur, overwrite watermarks or logos that are embedded in videos? Thanks!

4wd:
More information required, ie. video format, codecs, etc.

eg. I've used this method successfully but it's only good for AVI files which are getting increasingly rare.  But you can always convert to a RAW video AVI, process through VirtualDub, and then encode to final format.

ffmpeg also has a builtin delogo filter if you want to give it a try, I've never used it so don't know how effective it is.

Nzyme:
Most of them but currently I am interested in wmv and I tried the steps earlier but it doesn't work with wmv. Thanks!

Curt:
A few years back these interesting instructions were posted:

How to Remove a Watermark From a Video

Download and install Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro has a free-trial download and the software can quickly eliminate watermarks.
or
Download and install Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas has a free-trial download and the software can quickly eliminate watermarks.
or
Download and install Adobe After Effects. Adobe After Effects has a free-trial download and the software can quickly eliminate watermarks.

For full instructions:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8654082_remove-watermark-video.html-ehow
--- End quote ---

But of course, that was then. I don't know if the trials  still are 'free'.

Curt:
I have tested the $140 SoftOrbits RemoveLogoNow, and the result was unacceptably poor. I would not even accept the result if their asking price had been a hundred dollar lower!

You will get a better result the hard way, if you split each video into individual frames, one picture per frame, (at, say, 25 per second, that is a lot of pictures!!), and then run the $20 >Batch Inpaint< from Teorex; it will do a much, much better job. But to finish, you will of course have to first merge the pictures into a video file again, and then sync the new video with the sound from the original video - which is why it is important that the 'split' is "per frame", not just some easier frequency. I don't know what program can do this split, for you.

All in all, you'll probably get the best result the easiest way, if you trial Adobe and Sony, and such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version