ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help guidance as a beginner of Android world

(1/6) > >>

anandcoral:
I got an Android phone, finally. It is Lenovo A6000.

Now I need help guidance as a beginner of Android world. I am using Nokia 5230 now and I have some must need apps installed in it. I looked for their alternatives in Google Play and was overwhelmed. GPlay do not have proper search filter like GMail. So it is best to ask the users directly to get the correct app.

1. Backup and Restore - At least photo, videos and contacts, if not sms and notes etc.
2. Undelete or Recycle option - To restore files deleted by mistake.
3. Call Recorder - Simple, record both in coming and out going, with playback. Need it for client job specifications done on phone.
4. Quick note taking - Simple, may or may not have voice note mode.
5. PDF reader - Small just for reading pdf files.
6. Calender task and reminder on home screen - This I found in Lenovo and looks like may do the job as of now.

If free better else paid one will also do. But they must not be very space and memory hogging. Reading the GPlay reviews and descriptions I bookmarked some but still can not say if they will work as advertised.

So I need the help from all Android users here to guide me to the right stuff. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anand

eleman:
3. Call Recorder - Simple, record both in coming and out going, with playback. Need it for client job specifications done on phone.
-anandcoral (March 10, 2015, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm happy with this one. The free version does the job. But the thing with call recorders is that they don't work on all android phones. Hardware implementations vary, so some are incapable of recording your voice, or the other party's. You'll have to try and see.

Ath:
4. Quick note taking - Simple, may or may not have voice note mode.
--- End quote ---
Evernote ?
--- End quote ---
Adobe Reader works perfectly fine for me

4wd:
2. Undelete or Recycle option - To restore files deleted by mistake.-anandcoral (March 10, 2015, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Use ES File Explorer rather than whatever file manager comes with the device - it has a Recycle Bin.

Undeleting files on an Android device has never been successful for me, both from internal storage and MicroSD, (even when pulled and put in a card reader).

--- End quote ---

I use Xodo PDF Reader & Editor.

ewemoa:
For a simple PDF reader, MuPDF -- if you really want to, you can build it from source too :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version