ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need help guidance as a beginner of Android world

<< < (2/6) > >>

anandcoral:
Hi eleman, thanks for the call recorder link. Yes hardware incompatibility is what I read at most places. So it is trial and error.

Thanks Ath, Evernote is on my list but it is very big with options I may not require. A smaller simple would be better for startup.

PDF readers suggestions are good. Thanks to Ath, 4wd and ewemoa, I will check them.

4wd, I checked ES File Explorer, but no where in its description or website it is mentioned about recycle feature. Also is root required ? as is mentioned in few reviews.

Regards,

Anand

4wd:
First On/Off option:

You only need root access if you want to use things like its Root Explorer, (for looking through the system files).

Your problem is that you have Android KitKat and under that you're severely limited in where apps can write to the SD card.  You'd either have to keep using the system default file manager, root the device to change the external media write policy, or upgrade to Android Lollipop.

dr_andus:
Evernote is on my list but it is very big with options I may not require. A smaller simple would be better for startup.
-anandcoral (March 10, 2015, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about Google Keep?

rjbull:
4. Quick note taking - Simple, may or may not have voice note mode.-anandcoral (March 10, 2015, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Halna outliner?

nite_monkey:
Evernote is on my list but it is very big with options I may not require. A smaller simple would be better for startup.
-anandcoral (March 10, 2015, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about Google Keep?
-dr_andus (March 10, 2015, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I second Google Keep. I used to use and love it all the time, until I got my note 4. Now I use S Note.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version