ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox drastically bleeding market share

<< < (2/4) > >>

mwb1100:
I hope that Firefox/Mozilla can turn it around, because every time I have tried Chrome I've hated it.

Innuendo:
I don't know why everyone's surprised that Firefox's market share is dwindling. This is exactly what is expected to happen when a company turns its back on its founding mission statement and becomes what the company founders professed to hate...and was the reason why they founded the company in the first place.

quecochon:
Innuendo, I couldn't agree more with you. Mozilla captured a solid base of users, not only for Firefox but also for Thunderbird, but now it seems it's just another bureaucratic minds' nest. We all know what happens when bureaucratic minds prevail: stupidity and incompetence arise and market focus and productivity declines. Since dropping Thunderbird from there stupid minds, whoever runs Mozilla have lost focus on their clients: no question FF has been the best browser, but it hasn't just because of Mozilla but because of third party developers creating sound add-ons. Now things are changing in Mozilla strengthening the bureaucratic way to take decisions. I intend not to upgrade FF to v 41 and keep an eye on Pale Moon and FossaMail: perhaps this could be an effective way to telling those stupid bureaucrats what we think about what's worthed and what they really are.       

MilesAhead:
I don't know why everyone's surprised that Firefox's market share is dwindling. This is exactly what is expected to happen when a company turns its back on its founding mission statement and becomes what the company founders professed to hate...and was the reason why they founded the company in the first place.
-Innuendo (September 20, 2015, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the "PC Revolution(tm)"

Instead of dumb terminals we have Windows 10 phones and tablets with central control of system updates etc..

I was watching a documentary about open source and Richard Stallman was telling why he and his colleagues did not even like login passwords.  He felt whoever was at the console should have total control.  So when administration set up passwords he decrypted them all and sent everyone on the system an email suggesting that their password(and he put their password in the email) was a bit long to type and subject to typos so why not just change it to the Enter key?  Apparently quite a few people did. 

IainB:
-Innuendo (September 20, 2015, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, spot-on.
That moronic blog post (discussed in Has the Ad Industry infiltrated Mozilla ?) from Mozilla gives an idea of the extent of the reversal that seems to have taken place.
It is so obvious now that I wonder whether Mozilla isn't being deliberately deconstructed from within so that the market (all its fans) will shun it. That would kill it off good and proper, whereas there'd be a hue and cry from the fans if someone simply bought Mozilla and shut it down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version