ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Difficulty with launching FARR when using ` key + focus on desktop.

<< < (3/4) > >>

dcsev:
Yes, can anyone with Windows 8.1 (pref. 64bit) test this?  Might be a UAC thing, since it almost always is. This MIGHT not be a FARR specific issue, since Eventghost is having the same strange issue (?).

Truelaunchbar doesn't have this problem, which is why I never noticed it before.

Ath:
So I changed to Alt+Space, which is better as it can be done with the left hand only.
-IainB (March 10, 2015, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
That <Alt-Space> keypress opens the System menu on most Windows applications...

skajfes:
That <Alt-Space> keypress opens the System menu on most Windows applications...
-Ath (March 10, 2015, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am using Alt-Space to launch FARR for years now, and I've never missed having opened the system menu. (I am using Win+arrow keys to manage window sizing and moving instead of the system menu)

There is also an alternative. You can use another Mouser tool called TapTap to invoke FARR using a double tap on Ctrl (or any other key)
TapTap

dcsev:
I'm running Windows 7 and it works fine when focused on the desktop.

Can someone else with Windows 8 test this?  Surely there must be some explanation for such an odd thing.
-mouser (March 09, 2015, 11:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

mouser,
As suspected (sigh) and as most of my problems stem from, I have concluded that MS Window's UAC implementation is to blame for the blocking of the keystrokes.

Even if I turn the slider in the UAC control panel, I still have problems.  Disabling UAC thoroughly through a reg key, effectively giving the machine full and TRUE admin access using the following reg key

--- ---Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

dcsev:
UPDATE:
Running explorer with full elevated priveledges (killing it and running as admin) fixes the problem above. Not my ideal solution would be an understatement of the century and I still don't know why it's happening :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version