ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Difficulty with launching FARR when using ` key + focus on desktop.

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
The "`" character (I don't know what it is called) is an authentic single key on the keyboard, and should not be used (even if it could be) as a single key to start an app up.
--- End quote ---

Don't knock it till you try it! That's the key I use on my laptop (which doesn't have a Pause/Break key) -- works well for me, and is in a convenient location.

tomos:
Or why not simply use Ctrl+[that-key-whatever-it's-called]
(it looks like the grave accent key http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_accent
odd - the US keyboard doesnt seem to have the accent going the other direction)

I have a quertz keyboard, but use the equivalent keys with FARR -- Ctrl+^ (which is same location as your "`")

dcsev:
The "`" character (I don't know what it is called) is an authentic single key on the keyboard, and should not be used (even if it could be) as a single key to start an app up.
--- End quote ---

Don't knock it till you try it! That's the key I use on my laptop (which doesn't have a Pause/Break key) -- works well for me, and is in a convenient location.
-mouser (March 09, 2015, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I still can't get this while FULLY focused on the desktop. Can you? (Click somewhere on an empty desktop) and try hiding the this key we are talking about (the other tilde)

mouser:
I'm running Windows 7 and it works fine when focused on the desktop.

Can someone else with Windows 8 test this?  Surely there must be some explanation for such an odd thing.

IainB:
--- End quote ---

-mouser (March 09, 2015, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, if you are unlikely to ever need that single keystroke for anything else, then I guess it would be fine. I might try it out ... if I can figure how to do that in the FARR Hotkey settings.    :tellme:

FARR Hotkey toggle settings:
I used to use Ctrl+SPACE to toggle FARR, but stopped doing that because Ctrl+SPACE is also the hotkey to create a "hard" space in MS Word. So I used the Pause key instead, but this became a real pain on the laptop I currently use as it has to be Function+Pause, and the Function and Pause keys are at opposing ends of two of the corners of the keyboard rectangle, thus necessitating a two-handed operation.
So I changed to Alt+Space, which is better as it can be done with the left hand only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version