ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Vivaldi, the new Web browser for power users

<< < (12/12)

tomos:
I dont know is this a Vivaldi problem or a Chrome problem (I have little experience with Chrome):

In Firefox, if I simply type 'u' in the addressbar it shows my most frequently visited page with a u in it at the top of a list: the donationcoder 'unread all' forum page. I just have to press enter.

[EDIT #2] different browser, I guess I just got to work differently -- if I just type 'd' it autocompletes to the page I want...

In Vivaldi dropdown I get:
#1) search engine icon with 'u' i.e. enter will do a search [EDIT// I got rid of this in search settings]
#2) 'Frequently visited pages' *not* including dc which has to be one of my most visited page, (does include some sites with no 'u' in the name  e.g. evernote.com)
#3) 'Typed history' not here
#4) 'Bookmarks' -- I've change the settings to favour bookmarks (and bookmarked the page), but see no difference. It's not shown here.

Here's my settings, any ideas what I could change here?

Vivaldi, the new Web browser for power users

[EDIT #2] different browser, I guess I just got to work differently -- if I just type 'd' it autocompletes to the page I want.

Dormouse:
It's never been an issue for me: I always typed d anyway  :)

Was going to check  on Firefox, but then found that I hadn't installed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version