ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

uTorrent has gone rogue

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
I don't have a problem with a freeware app coming with a built in Bitcoin miner, provided the users are told about it up front and possibly offered a paid version without the miner, as another option.

wraith808:
I don't have a problem with a freeware app coming with a built in Bitcoin miner, provided the users are told about it up front and possibly offered a paid version without the miner, as another option.
-app103 (March 08, 2015, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Depend on how they do it.  Telling you a miner will be installed- then using up your whole CPU to do so isn't kosher.

rxantos:
I really despise the way developers add garbage to their applications and then make it so that the default is to install the garbage. This is a show of bad faith.

To all developers. I understand you got to eat, thus include garbage with your applications. But this is acting in bad faith. Please, make the default to NOT TO INSTALL the garbage instead of installing it. If a user wants to install the garbage it will do so.

The practice reminds me of banks when they change policies without you agreeing to them. They send you a letter telling you that if you do not respond you are agreeing to it. An act of bad faith. The default should be instead, if you do not respond, then you keep the same conditions that we agreed to when you signed.

Innuendo:
Doesn't matter. BitTorrent was the premier torrent app...until the developer ruined it. Then uTorrent became the premier torrenet app....now the BitTorrent dev has bought it and ruined it, too.

Torrent apps are a dime a dozen. A new king will rise to claim the throne soon. While you wait for that to happen, check out qBittorrent. You might like what you see.

TaoPhoenix:
uTorrent Too many applications (!!) had two things going for it: a no-nonsense, lightweight app and street cred among people like me who have used and loved the app for years. Looks like they traded both in for some $$$. :P
-nosh (March 08, 2015, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

:mad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version