ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

is it possible to easily build a GUI mockup?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ath:
I can only see a free trial. :(
-Renegade (March 07, 2015, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think the last free Delphi IDE was for Delphi 6, and that's been quite a while. I was assuming that they'd have released another freebee, but they probably can't afford it :huh:
Maybe the FOSS Lazarus IDE is a viable alternative, but I haven't used that myself.

If only a mockup is needed, then Eclipse is a good choice:

https://eclipse.org
-Renegade (March 07, 2015, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, I beg to disagree on that statement. Building a GUI using Eclipse has always been real close to a nightmare to me.

Unless you have a really good plug-in to suggest for that? (I've used the Swing-derivate WindowBuilder, and compared to VS2008 or later, or Delphi, that's a nightmare, IMHO)

Your other suggestions really make sense :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
Download Visual Studio Express or a free version of Borland's RAD Studio and create your mockup with it. You can easily add functionality if needed, in your language of choice, VB, C# or Delphi.
-Ath (March 07, 2015, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Easily is a relative thing.  Just wanted to make sure that's out there... because it's a big download to find out its too much for your skills, and too frustrating to bang out something quick when you aren't already versed.

kalos:
I don't know how to download Visual Studio Express
I logged in with my microsoft account, but no link
is there a direct download link?

app103:
Download Visual Studio Express or a free version of Borland's RAD Studio and create your mockup with it. You can easily add functionality if needed, in your language of choice, VB, C# or Delphi.
-Ath (March 07, 2015, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is no more free version of RAD Studio, no more free Delphi, C#, or C++ Builder.

I would recommend Lazarus as a good free replacement tool.

kunkel321:
Maybe the VBA features in MS Word?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version