ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (38/43) > >>

mouser:
Ehtyar!!!! :greenclp:  :-*

What an awesome read.  As much as I shy away from most human contact in real life, I'm just loving hearing updates about people's lives here in this thread.  As I said before -- no need to apologize or feel guilty for moving on to other interests.. It's just great to hear from you!
(I'm afraid I left my PhD program, which remains a tender issue for me, but that's for another day).  Thank you -- and everyone else -- for sharing part of yourself here.  It's been such a pleasure to be able to share a small slice of life with you all.

alivingspirit:
OK fine, I guess I should check in.

A long time ago (6+ years I think), I stumbled upon DC while searching the internet for free software. I was never a very active poster but there was a point in time that I read every thread voraciously. It was soon after that Mouser made the programming school and I was hooked into doing the C++ exercises and getting a very cool first exposure to programming with some encouraging pushes from Mouser and other DC'ers. Because of the programming school I majored in CS in College am now am a full time developer in downtown Chicago. I also grew up, got married, had a kid with a second on the way leaving a lot less time to spend browsing DC and the Internet in general.

I attribute much of the success in my career to the DC programming school. If it was not for that I would have most likely majored in a different field and only would have had an interest in software as a hobby and not as a career path. I do occasionally browse the forums so don't be surprised is I suddenly post on some random thread.

DC is a great community and I hope it will remain strong for many years to come.

mouser:
A long time ago (6+ years I think), I stumbled upon DC while searching the internet for free software. I was never a very active poster but there was a point in time that I read every thread voraciously. It was soon after that Mouser made the programming school and I was hooked into doing the C++ exercises and getting a very cool first exposure to programming with some encouraging pushes from Mouser and other DC'ers. Because of the programming school I majored in CS in College am now am a full time developer in downtown Chicago. I also grew up, got married, had a kid with a second on the way..
--- End quote ---

What a wonderful and amazing update to read.  Huge smile here.  :)
I remember your programming assignments quite well -- you were one of the few people to complete an entire stage of 10 assignments.
There's just nothing more to say but how happy I am to read this and hear from you  :up:

mouser:
Somewhere along the line we also seem to have lost touch with beloved member 40hz, last seen in february  :(

Edvard:
I recall him saying he was going to step out for a bit, just didn't know when.  Remember his turtle avatar was slowly fading?  That was a hint. 
I have his email around somewhere, and I keep meaning to dig it up and touch base with him, but other things get in the way.  I'll do that now...
 :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version