ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (23/43) > >>

nitrix-ud:
Hello all,

hard to believe i haven't posted since a few years. :tellme:

Mouser, i have to tell you i still think FARR is the most useful software on the planet !  :-*

mwang:
Many thanks to mouser for starting the thread, and sorry for being late to the party. I'm busy, and it's mostly for the same reason I no longer frequent this forum.

Another big reason, as mentioned by some others: my main desktop is a Mac (a hackintosh to be exact) nowadays. A macbook air and two Android devices (a phone and a pad) take turn accompanying me on the road, and my server is a linux box. Windows? I still use it occasionally, but only in a virtual machine.

I'm not a programmer. I came here to find software not heavily promoted elsewhere, and more importantly, to find software reviews written by real users, and from time to time could share my experiences with others. Having used mostly mac software the last few years, however, little on the forum remains relevant to me, and there's even less I could contribute.

I do check out the forum from time to time, but the frequency has declined; so does the average length of stay. I thought of saying hello a couple of times, but the longer I've been away, the harder it is to say hello. It doesn't mean I don't miss you guys. As many have said, this is a great family.

Happy Birthday, DC!

f0dder:
Hi!

So, ummm, I got a software developer job back in 2011, and after that it seemed like less fun doing hobby development. After having forgotten to check in at DC for a while due to real-life stuff, I guess it's been a nagging sense of guilt that has kept me away - including not having worked on fSekrit for far too long. That, and the overwhelming thought of "how the heck will I ever be able to read through the backlog of unread posts?". There's 103 pages of those, so that's about ~4100 posts. I think I'll skip catching up :)

Other than that, I've been thoroughly disillusioned with the opposite sex, and have given up the idea of a happy ever-after. Instead I've developed a serious relationship with World of Warcrack, which is a time-consuming polygamy of 8x level 100 toons (and counting). Yep, that game has also just had its 10-year anniversary.

Still got the job. After having worked for some 3 years with Adobe's crapjob AEM CMS system, I'm currently working on back-end integration stuff in Java on the JBOSS platform. I'm slowly reaching the conclusion that RedHat makes up version numbers by adding the various 0.x versions of alpha-quality software, but I guess that's what Open Source gives you... can't make the software too good, or you won't be able to make an income on supporting the hackjob :p

Using a shiny macbook for work now, but won't be switching away from Windows for my home workstation anytime soon. OSX is just too unstable and full of suckyness.

mouser:
YAY!@!!!!
:redface: :redface: :redface: :greenclp: :redface: :redface: :redface:

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
So many wonderful voices and avatars from the past!!!!
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SKesselman, great to see you!
Hirudin!! I'd like to see some photos of your hobby work.. I will look for your youtube channel.
Nitrix, i still wonder what your forum name means..
Mwang, thank you for the nice sentiments -- don't feel bad for switching to mac -- whatever works for you!
f0dder!!!!!!!!!  :greenclp: it is so great to hear from you.  no need for anyone to feel any guilt for being away from dc or declaring "bankruptcy" from unread post list :) ps. you're too young to give up on the idea of happy ever-after!

mouser:
The #1 most wanted lost sheep is now Nudone, 13th person to join the site, and infamous creator of Cody the donationcoder mascot.  This individual must be tracked down and subdued!  I'm doubling the bounty!

Update, according to the forum info (hard to say if it's accurate), but it says today is Nudone's Birthday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version