ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (20/43) > >>

Eóin:
Hi all,

I haven't been around here in ages. Not too much has changed with me, I've finished my education, looking for a job. Otherwise am still just coding away on little projects like I've always done. In general I don't tend to interact on-line as much (or at all) as I used too, though I still read a load :)

I must say it's great to see this place is as friendly as ever!

mouser:
Eóin  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thank you for posting in this thread -- just seeing your avatar made me happy.

m_s:
Hi Mouser,

Thanks for reaching out. I had a lot of fun on DonationCoder, and learned a lot. For a while I ran a computer coaching/support service, very much supported by the wisdom of the forums - when I got stuck, I reached out to everyone here, and received a lot of support and good advice. Thanks for that.

Back in 2006 I bought my first Mac, and so I stopped dropping by so much.

I still love the idea of the community, and appreciate all the work you've done in building it! I hope it lives long and prospers.

m_s / Ian

mouser:
Great to hear from you m_s!!  :)

timns:
TIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-* :-* :-*

It's so wonderful to hear from you and see your "face".  Twiggles and Cobbe will always have a place in my heart.
I'd love to hear more of what you are up to if you feel like telling, if not that's ok too :)
-mouser (March 08, 2015, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I haven't completely written off the idea of the little buggers making a comeback, if my workload were ever to ease up. The main thing that changed for me was a bit of a jump in how busy my company became: it's very hard to turn down good work, and by the end of a long day I'm not feeling very humorous - if I wrote the strip after some days I've had recently it would be a bit too pithy I think ;)

I'm still doing a lot of coding, mainly Java, C# and Delphi although I had to dust of my assembly skills recently to update some very old graphics stuff I wrote back when performance had to be found by design rather than by plugging in a new GeForce Titan  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version