ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (5/43) > >>

db90h:
I've always been here. My regrets are only that I couldn't do more to help mouser, because I believe his heart is purer than most, and that I made mistakes that alienated us.

I think mouser+Bitsum could do a lot together. I just wish I knew a way to make it work. I would guess mouser also has a full time job these days? Not me, I struggle by with what I can. I tried a 'stable job', turns out most corporations are crazier than anyone you'll meet in any asylum ;p.

mouser:
Life's too short and it takes too much energy to maintain grudges -- i'm glad to see you post  8)

Answering some questions:

* SSL should work on all pages here -- i'll have to look into why it wasn't allowed on that page -- surely if it should work on any page, that would be one you would expect it to work on!
* Server costs are still through the roof -- but changing servers is such a hassle though, and when the servers run smoothly i'm loathe to change anything..
* I don't have a full time outside job -- but i spend much of my time on side freelance paid work to pay the bills.  DC helps, but not enough to pay bills.  It certainly helps that i have no family or retirement fund -- just trying to live month by month.  I won't say it's not a bit nerve-wracking, but then i shouldn't complain because it gives me time to think and choose my own hours, which i value more than almost anything.
* Regarding businesses, suits, and money -- I'll be honest -- nothing about money and companies makes any sense to me -- it all seems completely insane; I don't understand how any company makes enough to survive -- let alone these corporations making billions.  It all just seems like one big pyramid scheme scam to me.  I try not to think about it or try to figure it out, it just gives me a headache.
Anyway this is a happy thread so let's not get bogged down into problems -- this is the reunion where we all hug it out  :-*

db90h:
Amen. Especially when there is real evil out there ... even here in the USA. I mean, really - any differences we had, which I'l take the blame for, are pretty petty.

db90h:
Refreshed the page and got your answers.

Also noticed that the primary login didn't seem SSL encrypted by default either! DIdn't check if I could manually do it, it should have default.

Maybe we can work something out in the future, a business arrangement that requires us to neither agree nor be friends, just produce, do the customer right, and earn a living at the same time. Who knows. I'll brainstorm.

db90h:
Server costs are still through the roof -- but changing servers is such a hassle though, and when the servers run smoothly i'm loathe to change anything..-mouser
--- End quote ---

On this, you gotta bite the bullet man. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent refactoring my server infastructure just to save costs or improve security. Sometimes I've taken a hit for it, but that's business.

If you're locked in, add up half the savings from one year, and I bet you could hire someone to 'unlock' you ;).

Just don't go too cheap, no 'shared cloud server' crap :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version