ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (2/43) > >>

edbro:
Lost sheep here!

I went over to the dark side and bought a Mac Air. I still have a Windows machine but rarely use it now.

mouser:
Ed! Great to hear from you.  No shame in using a Mac -- glad to hear you are still walking the planet :)

wreckedcarzz:
Hey :D

I apologize about any formatting issues or things of the like; I suffered a stroke last September, and only have the use of my left hand, and my smartphone for typing. I haven't forgotten any of you, just charging life importance.

I am now 22, engaged, and before the stroke, was making big strides in my life and my goals. Not attending school, but I got a job with a local computer repair gig, and his friend, and started a month later at Edible Arrangements. Currently, I still reside in Glendale, AZ, and most other life details are unchanged.

I'll try and keep up with this thread. My contact details are up to date, and the best way to contact me one on one is with Google Hangouts.

-Brandon, "wreckedcarzz"

mouser:
Brandon!  :-*

This thread is already making me very happy just to see familiar faces.  I am sorry to hear of your stroke, but it's nice to hear you are taking it in stride and not letting it stop you.  :up:

sri:
Same as edbro. Moved on to Mac.

Mac apps are no where near as deep and feature-rich as their PC counterparts though.

Ex.: Directory Opus kicks Path Finder's ass, FlashFXP eats Transmit for lunch, ClipX is better than ClipMenu etc.

What do I do currently? I build WordPress websites using Genesis framework for clients and recently turned my 500+ tutorials on how to customize Genesis into a membership site: https://sridharkatakam.com/. There are a lot of Mac specific apps like Gradient, CodeKit and Sketch that I use regularly which have no (good, that I know of) equivalents in PCs which is one of the reasons I moved away from Windows.

On a personal front, we migrated from India to Australia as wife got a job here in Melbourne.

Btw @mouser, have you looked at Slack? It's an awesome hosted chat platform that's much slicker than IRC. And for non-profits, they will offer full free offering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version