ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (39/43) > >>

tomos:
Somewhere along the line we also seem to have lost touch with beloved member 40hz, last seen in february  :(
-mouser (May 11, 2015, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
yeah,
that's been a notable absence. Hopefully he's doing okay (and just taking a break as Edvard says he was talking about).

Remember his turtle avatar was slowly fading?  That was a hint.
-Edvard (May 11, 2015, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hadnt noticed that -
I see it's gone completely now - and his signature is gone too! - Wish him the best and tell him come visit sometime.

IainB:
Somewhere along the line we also seem to have lost touch with beloved member 40hz, last seen in february  :(
-mouser (May 11, 2015, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
yeah,
that's been a notable absence. Hopefully he's doing okay (and just taking a break as Edvard says he was talking about).
-Edvard (May 11, 2015, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hadnt noticed that -
I see it's gone completely now - and his signature is gone too! - Wish him the best and tell him come visit sometime.
-tomos (May 12, 2015, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

You never know, it could be station drift, or maybe he's been switched to another frequency, or fallen foul of one of those Russian jamming signals, or gone thetan, or something.
There's a whole spectrum of possibilities for us to meditate upon.

cranioscopical:
You never know, it could be station drift, or maybe he's been switched to another frequency, or fallen foul of one of those Russian jamming signals, or gone thetan, or something.
There's a whole spectrum of possibilities for us to meditate upon.
-IainB (May 12, 2015, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Might even have turned turtle.

Edvard:
I finally heard back from 40Hz!  :o

He reports he is still alive and kicking, and though I hesitate to reveal more of his situation out of concern for simple privacy, I can say life has taken him in a direction somewhat askew from most things tech, getting more active in music and it's doing his spirit well.  He does miss us all and hopes to soon pop in for a bit here and there, though it will probably be later rather than sooner when he crosses this path again.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
..."
- J.R.R. Tolkien; First verse of Gandalf's letter to Frodo Baggins in Bree.

mouser:
That is wonderful news!  :up: :up: :up: :up:
It's good to hear 40hz is moving on another wavelength but is still alive and kicking. Tell him we're thinking of him and wishing him well, and we'll leave a seat at the table.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version