ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor: A feature I would like added - precise region capture options

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
So just to recap -- there are now probably two different workflows for using the selected-region (shift+PrtScr) capture mode:

* If you want a really quick and fast capture, move to first corner, press and hold mouse, drag to end corner, release.  This is how I do my captures -- and I crop from within SC if i need it more precise after that.
* If you want to perform a very precise capture during selection, hit shift+PrtScr to begin region capture mode, then move your mouse to *approximate* first (upper left usually) corner and press and release mouse button.  Now move mouse to *approximate* bottom right corner.  Now use cursor keys to nudge entire selection (without changing its sized), holding shift to move just end corner, or alt to move just first corner.  Then hit enter to capture.

Arthur Menu:
Thanks, Mouser! I downloaded the beta and am using it. One question. I have made paint.net my external viewer. Is there a way to get a captured image to open in paint.net automatically without my having to open paint.net and paste the image into it?

Arthur

lanux128:
... One question. I have made paint.net my external viewer. Is there a way to get a captured image to open in paint.net automatically without my having to open paint.net and paste the image into it?-Arthur Menu (March 17, 2015, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

there are two ways to do this. one is via the Post-Capture Options, in the "Post Capture Commandline Tools to Run" section where you can specify the path to PaintDotNet.exe with the "%file%" argument. however with this method, paint.net will be invoked after *each* capture.

Screenshot Captor: A feature I would like added - precise region capture options

the other way is to add to the Tools menu, where you can open the images in paint.net at your convenience.

hth..

Arthur Menu:
The other way I discovered is to "save and show" and then right-mouse button the image in the left pane and select "open file with".

Arthur

dluby:
My version of SSC is showing as v4.9.5 but the download page says the beta version is 4.9.4: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3474.0

I presume the download page needs to have the beta version updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version