ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Super Annoying Freezing Mouse (and Keyboard) - can ANYONE help, PLEASE!?

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Check the EventLog for anything else happening at the associated time.

Also, do a backup and try GhostBuster to remove all redundant drivers from the system, if that doesn't make a difference, then I'd probably remove the motherboard drivers and see if it works OK on the default Windows versions.

Failing that, you may have a hardware problem with the USB sockets no longer providing enough contact pressure to ensure reliable connection.  No really easy fix for this but one thing I've done is slightly squeeze the plug in my fingers.
You can see in the image that this slightly bows the USB plug shield which increases the contact pressure a little.  YMMV, but I've done it to good effect over the years, just don't go overboard on the pressure.

Another idea, I have a netbook with a USB port problem where anything plugged in will appear/disappear whenever the plug/cable is moved slightly, pulling out the USB plug slightly, (1 or 2 mm), fixes it.

MilesAhead:
All I see in the first post relevant to my suggestion is
deleted ALL non present HW from the HW-Manager
--- End quote ---

which is not the same thing.  My suggestion is to delete the driver for the mouse that is currently connected and reboot.  Let plug and play reinstall it.

IQLover:

My suggestion is to delete the driver for the mouse that is currently connected and reboot.  Let plug and play reinstall it.-MilesAhead (March 04, 2015, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did that for a minimum of 20 tiems! As I wrote I tried EVERYTHING (I am NOT a PC Noob);only my English isn't good enough.
I do repair people's PCs in my spare time, but this bloody problem I never came across & NOBODY seems to ahve a cure, so I
tried to post it here, hoping that someone might have a solution.

But thanks buddy anyways. And yesss, Miles IS the KING!!!!!!!  :Thmbsup:

IQLover:
Check the EventLog for anything else happening at the associated time.-4wd (March 03, 2015, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is never ever anything. Extra checked it yesterday 4times immediatelly after my mouse died,- NOthing.

Also, do a backup and try GhostBuster to remove all redundant drivers from the system, if that doesn't make a difference, then I'd probably remove the motherboard drivers and see if it works OK on the default Windows versions.-4wd (March 03, 2015, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did GB, yes, it found some redundant stuff so I deleted that. After reboot it was a bit better, meaning my mouse didn't die twice a minute, but it still died,
aprox. 3-5 times/ hour. I will deinstall the MB drivers & install the original ones from the original CD that came with the MB this weekend. If that helps I will report.

Failing that, you may have a hardware problem with the USB sockets no longer providing enough contact pressure to ensure reliable connection.  No really easy fix for this but one thing I've done is slightly squeeze the plug in my fingers.

Another idea, I have a netbook with a USB port problem where anything plugged in will appear/disappear whenever the plug/cable is moved slightly, pulling out the USB plug slightly, (1 or 2 mm), fixes it.-4wd (March 03, 2015, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

This has definitelly NOTHING to do with contact or movement, since it also happenes, when I am not even near my pc, as for instance it happened just today.
I was eating on my kitchen table and watching a YT-Video on my PC (Distance more than 3 meters) and during that it happened 2 times.

What I have noticed though: it happenes quite often, when I mark/copy something using the mouse...

This is the most f*cked up PC problem I ever came across.

But thank you very much for your effort to help me, I appreciate that!

Greets :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:

My suggestion is to delete the driver for the mouse that is currently connected and reboot.  Let plug and play reinstall it.-MilesAhead (March 04, 2015, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did that for a minimum of 20 tiems! As I wrote I tried EVERYTHING (I am NOT a PC Noob);only my English isn't good enough.
I do repair people's PCs in my spare time, but this bloody problem I never came across & NOBODY seems to ahve a cure, so I
tried to post it here, hoping that someone might have a solution.

But thanks buddy anyways. And yesss, Miles IS the KING!!!!!!!  :Thmbsup:
-IQLover (March 04, 2015, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hate it when that happens.  I don't know that much about computer hardware.  I studied a bit when learning assembler but that was back in the days of ISA bus and edge triggered interrupts.  I haven't kept up.  I hate intermittent problems.  Hope you track it down.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version