ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder 10th Anniversary plans, ideas, changes, fundraiser?

<< < (7/8) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks, wraith and mouser, for the sample links to the mobile pages.  It may be that these still serve a useful purpose, but at least on my tablet and phone, the Pale Moon browser for Android offers what seems to me a much more satisfying mobile version, one I can navigate the same way I do on my desktop computer.

mouser:
One thing I want as a present for the anniversary is for all of the long-time hundred+ post members, who we haven't heard from in a long time, to stop by and make a hello post.  doesn't have to be a big long post, just a simple hello would make my heart swell.

TaoPhoenix:
One thing I want as a present for the anniversary is for all of the long-time hundred+ post members, who we haven't heard from in a long time, to stop by and make a hello post.  doesn't have to be a big long post, just a simple hello would make my heart swell.
-mouser (March 05, 2015, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

This sounds like a whole spin-off thread, because the rough nature of it will be lighter/different from most of the site.

I think overall these 10th anniversary topics will need a good bunch of threads to keep the topics organized. A giant 200 post musical chairs thread will cause some of its own damage!

TaoPhoenix:
I wonder about the "newbie experience" on DC.  Are there any real newbies?  In the sense that, people will only come here if they're already interested in software anyway.
-rjbull (March 03, 2015, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is almost nothing short than the trend of the modern internet as a whole. The "newbie" experience here is about as good as it ever gets. Newbie should just spend five hours reading up a little on basic sample threads, and then off we go. And before people say that's work, nothing is any easier IRL.

What we really are facing is that Google, Twitter, and Facebook really succeeded in "locking in" their markets. That just makes anything else part of the not-them metagame.

mouser:
This sounds like a whole spin-off thread
--- End quote ---

yes, i have created the thread:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=40373

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version