ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

edit pdf like doc

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

is there a function so that I could remove a paragraph or a part from a page of a pdf editor and automatically reshape the rest of the document to fill in the gap?

just like you do in doc files?

thanks!

MilesAhead:
I don't edit PDF files.  I got PDFXChange Editor because it was the only free out and out PDF Editor I ever saw for Windows.  I use it as a reader.  I have no clue if it will perform your function.  But for the price it may be worth checking it out to find out.

http://www.tracker-software.com/

Renegade:
AFAIK, no.

The best programs for editing PDF documents that I have used (and I've tried quite a few) are Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Illustrator. I have not found anything that compares.

But, someone else may have found one. I've tried a lot of different programs, and only had horrible results.

For re-flowing the document, you really need to be able to convert it to an editable format, then edit, then save, then export as a PDF. I have never seen anything that can reasonably convert a PDF to an editable format in a remotely sane manner. Everything I have tried has been complete garbage. And by complete garbage, I mean drive you into a blood thirsty rage level of total chaos that Cthulhu himself couldn't manage. Random crap on a page is a kind description.

I really hope someone can prove me wrong as this problem has plagued me for years.

tomos:
PDF format is designed to be unflexible - it is meant to be the end product - and to look the same for everyone.
Editing was not even on the list when they designed PDF ;-)
If you know what programme made the PDF you *might* be able to use that programme.
Otherwise as above.

MilesAhead:
I noticed this Wondershare pdf editor that claims to convert to from MS Word

http://www.wondershare.net/ad/pdf-editor/converter-bing.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=PDF_SS_US%2BAU_pid%281140%29_&utm_term=pdf%20in%20doc

I didn't see anything about purchase so I assume it's freeware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version