ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Beginner needs help

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
Dear Mouser. Thanks a bunch.-hopken44 (March 01, 2015, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

hi hopken,
another option that can be nice to use is:
if you just use Prtscr, and then open the Screenshot Captor main window (double-click tray icon) - the window in the foreground of the screenshot will be automatically selected: you can then crop - or mess around with the selection size first.

hopken44:
Thanks Tom but I'm still confused. I tried hitting print scrn and a small version of Screenshot captor came up showing the full screen underneath it. There was a small "target" in view but I could not do anything with it nor any ability to select a specific region (like the dragging the mouse thing.) If I just double click on the icon in my tray, I get a full version of Screen shot but now way to view the image beneath it. Sorry to be so dense but I really appreciate your help.

Ken

tomos:
Thanks Tom but I'm still confused. I tried hitting print scrn and a small version of Screenshot captor came up showing the full screen underneath it. There was a small "target" in view but I could not do anything with it nor any ability to select a specific region (like the dragging the mouse thing.) If I just double click on the icon in my tray, I get a full version of Screen shot but now way to view the image beneath it. Sorry to be so dense but I really appreciate your help.

Ken
-hopken44 (March 01, 2015, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

okay, what comes up is a dialogue window with various options - you've got to select one of these e.g.
'Save image but hide' will simply save the image and you can look at it later via the main window;
or
'Save image and show' will save the image and show it in the main window, allowing you to edit it.

=> there is also an option at the bottom of that dialogue:
"After next capture:" [show this dialogue/show main window/stay minimized]
If you dont want to see dialogue again, and always want the main window to show or hide - select the appropriate option there first.

Hope that helps

tomos:
Have a look at this video Ken:
https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/dc/3ds/sc27/sc27.html
within the first 30 seconds you get the basics for starting up with this app

(it does go a bit quick - but you can pause it or manually rewind it)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version