ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Beginner needs help

(1/2) > >>

hopken44:
Can someone please help me. I have downloaded screen shot captor and now I'm stumped. Say I have some text on my computer screen. I know if I use print screen I can capture the whole screen but I can't figure out how to use shift prtscreen. I try that and I get a square with a bunch of grid lines and horizontal and vertical dashes on the screen. I can't figure out how to copy the desired region to the screen shot captor screen so I can manipulate it.

Sorry to be stupid but could somebody get me started.

Thanks a bunch.

mouser:
Best not to post your email on any public forum -- you never know what spam bots might stumble across it and start sending you spam.

It sounds like perhaps something is not working right with the shift+prtscr function for you -- what you should see is a crosshairs where you can click down with mouse button and drag until youve selected the region to copy and then release.
But it sounds like you are saying it's not drawing that crosshairs correctly and your whole screen is being painted with lines?

You also mention wanting to be able to manipulate the image.

Let's handle one thing at a time.  If you hit PrtScr, it should capture the entire screen image, and then let you manipulate and edit image inside screenshot captor program -- allowing you to drop, save, etc.

Does at least that basic functionality of Screenshot Captor work for you? So it's ONLY the Shift+PrtScr region capture that is not working right?

hopken44:
Dear Mouser. Thanks a bunch. I just didn't understand about dragging the cross hairs with the mouse. I just tried it and it worked fine. Hope not to bother you too much with silly questions.

mouser:
no worries, welcome to the site  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
By the way, there are a bunch of videos showing how to get the most out of Screenshot Captor here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/sc/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version